Best Business Travel Credit Cards
One of the best ways to make the most of your business spending is to use a credit card. Not only can the right business credit card smooth your cash flow, but it can also help you earn rewards that can reduce overall costs for your business.
Running a business is never easy, but it can be rewarding—and with the following travel cards for business travelers, it can be even more rewarding to be a business owner:
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
One of the best options for business travel is the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business. With this travel credit card, you receive 2x miles for every dollar you spend on any purchase. No need to worry about rotating categories. Plus, you don’t have to worry about miles expiring, and you don’t need to worry about blackout dates when you make your reservation. You can redeem your miles for travel on any airline or stay at any hotel.
Foreign business travelers can benefit from the fact that there are no foreign transaction fees. There is an annual fee of $95, but most business owners can more than make up for that with rewards perks. You can also add employee cards at no additional charge.
- One-time bonus of 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 in purchases within 3 months from account opening (worth about $500 in travel)
- Earn 2x miles for each dollar spent
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free employee cards
- Annual fee: $95, waived for the first year
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
If you are looking for a way to earn extra miles as a frequent business traveler, the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® from Citi, a Credit Cards House advertiser, might be a good choice for you. This card allows you one free checked bag on domestic flights (for you and four companions). You don’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees, and you receive 2x AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines, telecommunications, cable and satellite providers, car rentals, and gas stations purchases, and 1x mile on everything else.
With this business credit card you also save 25% on in-flight food, beverages and Wi-Fi on American Flights. There is no additional charge for employee cards, and you can also allocate all miles earned by employee cards to go to the one account. The primary cardmemeber can earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate if they spend $30,000 or more during the year.
- Limited Time Offer: One-time bonus of 70,000 AAdvantage® miles after making $4,000 in purchases during the first four months
- First checked bag is free for you and up to four companions on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- No charge for employee cards
- Double miles for eligible American Airlines purchases, telecommunications, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and at gas stations
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee: $99, waived for the first year
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
If you frequently stay at Starwood properties, the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, a Credit Cards House advertiser, can be a good choice for business travelers. This is one of the best travel cards because it offers a number of perks for the frequent business traveler.
With the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business card, you can receive free in-room, premium internet access. It’s also possible to get unlimited, complimentary Boingo Wi-Fi at more than one million hotspots worldwide. This is perfect for the business traveler who needs to stay connected. There are no foreign transaction fees, and you have free stays without blackout dates. You also get additional employee cards with no annual fee and employee cards earn rewards at the same rate as the primary card. You can also set up account alerts to monitor employee spending and even set trusted employee as an account manager for the business account.
- Earn a 100,000 bonus points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Free, in-room premium internet access, and complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots.
- No blackout dates for free nights.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Annual fee: $95, waived for the first year.
- Additional employee cards with no annual fee
First published , last updated
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.