Best Restaurant Reward Credit Cards
Cooking meals at home is time consuming, and with our busy schedules we don’t always have time to devote to this chore every day. Since 1992 there’s been a growing trend of how we, as Americans, spend our food budget. For the first time in history we officially spend more eating out at restaurants then we do at the grocery store.
But there’s good news! You can maximize your spending by earning rewards and cashback on purchases made while dining out. Here are the best restaurant rewards credit cards that will repay you for eating out.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you’ll earn 2x the points for every dollar spent on travel and dining out, as well as 1x the points for every dollar spent on other purchases.
When signing up for this card you also get access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards® program, which allows you to cash in your points for travel rewards. This bumps up the value of your points by 25%, helping you earn as much as 2.5% on every dollar spent while dining out.
- 1:1 points transfer to partner frequent travel programs
- Enhanced security and purchase protection
- Zero annual fee for first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee after first year
- Most bonus rewards are limited to travel
The Bottom Line
With this card you can maximize your travel and dining out costs by earning double the points compared to most credit cards. And as a new customer of the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card, you’ll also earn 50,000 bonus points after spending at least $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of owning the card.
Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card
The Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card from Citi, a Credit Cards House advertiser, is the perfect card if you enjoy entertainment activities, like concerts, amusement parks or movies, when dining out. You’ll earn 2 points for every dollar spent on entertainment and eating out, as well as 1 point on every dollar spent elsewhere.
- Zero annual fee
- Lots of choices for redeeming points
- No rotating categories to sign up for
- No limit on cash back earnings
- 0% introductory interest rate on purchases for 15 months from account opening and 0% intro rate on balance transfers for 15 months from date of first transfer. After that, the APR will be 15.49% - 25.49%* (Variable), based upon your creditworthiness.
- No bonus reward categories
- Cashback earned as ThankYou Points
The Bottom Line
While you’re out-and-about on the town and enjoying your time at restaurants, the ThankYou® Preferred credit card from Citi can help you earn double the points on these purchases. You also get access to Citi’s other benefits and features that are exclusively available to cardmembers.
Choosing the Best Restaurant Credit Card
In order to choose the best restaurant rewards credit card, simply review your dining out habits and find a card that best fits your needs. Be sure to take into account your entertainment and travel habits too so you can maximize your cashback points and rewards.
First published , last updated
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.